Discover Ways to Achieve Clear Vision
By Troy Bedinghaus, O.D., About.com Guide
Comprehensive eye exams are important for maintaining healthy eyes and clear vision. Children should have their first eye exam after the age of three. Find out how often you should have your eyes checked, and why.
- Vision Discussion Forum
- Common Refractive Errors
- Are Eye Exams Necessary?
- Prepare Your Child for an Eye Exam
- Eye Exam Schedules
- Choosing an Eye Doctor
- Infant Eye Exam
- Elements of an Eye Examination
- Making Sense of Vision Insurance
- Vision Care Plans
- Medicare Vision Benefits
- 6 Things to Tell Your Eye Doctor
- Pupils and Dilation
- Dye Disappearance Test
- What Is GDx?
- Optomap Retinal Exam
- Eye Exam Equipment Gallery
With all of the convenient options available today, almost anyone can wear contact lenses to correct their vision. Some people find that wearing contact lenses fits their lifestyle, but others find them cumbersome.
- All About Contacts
- Before You Get Contacts
- Can You Afford to Wear Contacts?
- Why Do Contact Lens Prescriptions Expire?
- Disposable Contact Lenses
- Color Contact Lenses
- Color Contact Gallery
- Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses
- Toric Lenses
- Contacts and Astigmatism
- Ordering Contacts Online
- Contact Lenses and Allergies
- How Contact Lens Wearers can Minimize Eye Infections
- Using Eye Drops with Contacts
Some people enjoy the ease of wearing eyeglasses. With so many lens options and frames available, achieving clear vision has never been easier.
- Choose the Right Eyeglasses for Your Face
- How To Read Your Eyeglass Prescriptions
- Eyeglass Lens Options
- Eyeglass Options for Adults
- Antireflective Coatings
- Buying Glasses for Kids
- All About Reading Glasses
- How to Buy Reading Glasses
- All About Computer Glasses
LASIK is a type of vision-correction surgery aimed at reducing a person's need for glasses or contact lenses. With the use of a laser, LASIK permanently changes the shape of the cornea, the clear covering on the front of the eye.
- Top 3 Vision Surgeries
- Before You Have LASIK
- How to Find a LASIK Surgeon
- LASIK Pretesting
- Why LASIK Might Not Be Right for You
- LASIK and Astigmatism
- Custom LASIK
- IntraLASIK Laser Vision Surgery
- Top 6 Risks of LASIK
- Vision After LASIK
- All About LASIK Eye Surgery
Children and the Elderly
Early eye exams are critical to ensure that children have normal, healthy vision. Early detection of vision problems is crucial because the younger a child is treated, the better the chance of responding to treatment. Older adults also need to visit the eye doctor regularly and be aware of potential vision problems that could cause loss of vision.
- School Vision Screenings
- FTP Test for Children
- Signs Your Child Needs Glasses
- What to Look for in Kids Eyeglasses
- Safest Lenses for Kids
- Should Teens Wear Contacts?
- Best Eyeglasses for Your Face Shape
- Eyeglass Lens Options