As another school year approaches, the pressure is back on teachers, parents and students to meet or surpass the requirements set forth by the No Child Left Behind act. However, most parents and teachers are unwittingly being tackled by leaving their students' vision behind.
Make sure your child has the best vision possible by having a comprehensive eye exam.
The five most common signs that a vision problem may be interfering with your student's ability to read and learn are:
1. Skips lines, rereads lines
2. Poor reading comprehension
3. Takes much longer doing homework than it should take
4. Reverses letters like "b" into "d" when reading
5. Has a short attention span with reading and schoolwork
Source: College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD)