i get them all the time
- it feels like a bruise and looks like a pimple inside the eyelid, i only get them when i wake up really fast, then take a shower sometimes. it gets worse everyday (infladded).
- —Guest llama
Big ol thang!
- I was rubbing my itchy eye- and later that evening it was swollen and red... the next morning- huge, swollen, red and even bruised looking.. this is day 5 and there is this dime-sized knot on my upper eyelid that is reddish-purple.. I hope it pops soon...
- —Guest GD Guest
I'm 11 and have a stye
- My eye feels swollen and bigger than it is and every time I blink I feel pain but very little. Sometimes when I blink it feels like it's moving and trying to work itself out of my eye. It is in the upper corner of my left eye.
- —Guest Eyehurts kinda
Might Be a Stye
- I woke up this morning feeling like my eye was bruised, now there's a tiny red bump. But below my eye is really sore too. I feel like I was punched in the eye.
- —Guest lulu
- Every so often the bottom of my eyelid goes red and gets really sore but never becomes a lump on it, so I don't know if this would be a stye.
- —Guest b
- I got it two weeks ago and now whenever I blink it really hurts!!!!
- —Guest Joe
- Okay, well...I got like a stye about a week ago. I've been trying eyedrops and like I'm putting a hot towel over my eye and I guess youu can say it's getting better. I have no idea how I got it but it's really annoying cause I can't wear my contacts or makeup. And this is my first stye ever!! First my eye was just red but now it has a little bump at the bottom of my left eye. So I'm not quite sure if it is a stye.
- I have a little tiny bump on my eyelid...I'm scared!
- —Guest Des123
It popped and I don't know what to do
- I have a stye on my bottom eyelid and I don't like to use meds or see the dr unless I absolutly have to.. Well I just noticed that my stye just popped and I flushed it with contact solution and kinda cleaned around it with a qtip.. But I don't want to drain the rest on my own.. I'm too scared push it. I don't know if I should let it drain or push it out.
- I feel so bad...my eye hurts and I look in a mirror and there's the stye. My mom told me that I should put a hot towel over it. Last time I had a stye I did that and it went away. I'm going to try it again and see what happens.
- —Guest sebastian
I'm not sure if it is a stye
- Iwoke up today and my right eyelid feels like it's bruised. It kind of hurts when I blink but I never had one before so I don't know if it is one.
- —Guest daryl
- I have a big bump on the bottom of my eye and it's swollen. It's not a small bump on my eye, it's a lump on the bottom.
- —Guest Ant
Beginning of a stye? Possible cause
- I recently had a grating feeling on one eye which was getting worse day by day. My eye was bloodshot from rubbing and there was a tiny groove red in colour on the bottom eyelid just where it meets the eye. By chance I examined it very carefully with a mirror under a lamp. I noticed a really tiny hair was growing inward against the eye. It would not be noticed except by a very careful examination and could only be noticed when the light was reflected off it. It took some time to grab it with a fine tweezers while holding the eyelid away from the eye and I knew that I had found the cause of my irritation before it developed into a stye. Check it out before you waste time on drugs and painful treatments. It may be that rubbing the eye had turned that tiny rib of hair to grow inward. In any case it was a great relief to remove it and when it regrows I will know the cure when it irritates my eye again.
Stye in My Right Eye
- My stye is in my bottom eyelid and it doesn't hurt much, but after 4 days it's getting very irritating.
- —Guest Guest Irma
- I just noticed my eye is red and there is a pus-like pipple in it. The eye is sore but not that bad. It's not watery and I would never have know if I had not seen it while putting on makeup.
- —Guest bev