- I don't know if I have a stye. My eye hurts when I blink. I think it's in my inner eye but I can't tell. What should I do?
- —Guest susie
- I have had a few styes in my time. Once they get yellow and are pus-filled, I get a clean pin and very gently rub it over and over the area until it bursts open. I then gently squeeze all the pus out of it and it usually fills up once again before it starts to heal. I know they say not to do that but if you use a clean pin and are gentle it will help to heal the stye and take away the redness and pain once you drain the pus.
- —Guest Rob
I hate them
- I had a huge project to work on. Stress and sleepless nights did me in. It appeared two days ago, a large red bump near my tear duct. It hurts whenever I blink and my eyes water frequently. Hot towels help tremendously, though I am unable to use any sort of numbing drop (my parents refuse to medicate it).
- —Guest Miles
Sore left eye
- I felt a sore bruising spot in my lower left eye all of a sudden. It still fells sore five hours later. Is this a stye?
- —Guest glen
- I'm 14 and I woke up one morning and it felt like my eye was brused. It is red and swollen. I have never had one before and it is so noticable.
- —Guest Taylor
Styes are a pain...literally
- I have one on the outter corner of my left eyelid. It's not very big, but it's red and hurts every time I blink.
- —Guest shayla
Eye bags swelling
- I'm not sure if this is an eye stye or not. I got this a year ago already. I'm afraid for an operation but others said this is just a minor eye problem so no need to worry much. I've got hard eye bags and they're swelling on the inside. I dont know what this is but it sure bothers me. I need help please.
- —Guest kristin
- I have a stye now. I am embarrassed to look at people as it is all red with a large white pimple that appears to be spreading! it hurts real bad! I've tried compresses and medicine suggested by the pharmacist and it seems to be getting worse. OUCH!
- —Guest Dana
Having a second attack
- I'm 62 and suffered a major stye attack last November It started on the lower lid of my right eye. I landed in the hospital for almost a week with IV antibiotic treatments. This morning I woke up with another stye on the same spot. I hate to go through this whole thing again. Why is this happening and what's the best way to avoid the last episode?
- —Guest Pamela
- I have one right now and it's killing me. I mean every time I blink it hurts, it itches and I put a hot towel on it. That brings the pain down a little. I went to sleep, woke up, and it was bigger.
- —Guest jusMe
- I have one right now...I got it when I went outside!
- —Guest ZERO STYE
Second stye, same spot
- I got my first one two years ago when I was sick with that season's flu. I went to the minute-clinic and got antibiotic oitment and it went away. Now I'm sick again and it's coming back. I think I'm going to let it come to a head and pop as it's in the exact same spot and there may be something in there that will hopefully come gushing out in a couple of days like a satisfying pimple. Who knows...it may go away on it's own. I really wish I hadn't thrown out that cream before Christmas.
- —Guest StyeGuy
I don't know
- It might be a stye but the last time I had one was when I was 5. I am now 11 1/2 and I think I have another one. It is on my right eye on the corner. It started hurting after I cut my eyelashes because they were getting too long. I don't know if I accidentally cut an eyelash I wasn't supposed to, or if it just hurts.
- —Guest HoneyBunn
Reason for my stye
- Lately I've been stressed and I haven't been getting that much sleep. This is a reason why I have my stye; it's a swollen eyelid.
- —Guest Von
It's ugly, my eyes are big enough
- About two days ago I noticed a sort of bruised-feeling spot on my lower eyelid right above my eyelashes. I thought it was just sore from being hit in the eye with something, or who knows what else. I'm about two months into being 14 and I have had this problem before, about twice now. My sister has even said she's had it. It began to really turn red this morning and right now it's even worse. It bothers me when I blink or if any pressure is put on my eyelashes. It hurts worse when taking off my makeup. I have really full, long eyelashes and this big bump (almost on my top waterline) is making my eyelashes separate so there's a stupid 'V' made out of my eyelashes. It sucks cause it's the eye on the side of my face that doesn't have bangs (I have side bangs and they already weigh down my other eyes eyelashes). I could care less about my left eye because it's mostly covered by my bangs, but my right eye is the one that shows. Everyone pays attention to them because they are one of my best features. Help!
- —Guest Brianna