- I was at school and when I got home my eye started hurting. It felt as if someone had socked me on the corner of my left eye. I looked in the mirror and noticed a huge bump on the corner of my left eye. It started hurting so much toward the end of the day. The next morning I woke up and it was big and swollen. It looked like I got beat up. The pain was strong but not as strong as today! It is really swollen. It's nasty and red and it hurts to blink or to even push or do anything. I can't take this pain. I think it was eyeliner and now I can't put any makeup on because of this big thing in my eye. I don't even want to go to school because it's so ugly I'm embarrassed.
- —Guest Guest
HELP! I don't want my friends to know
- I think I have one. Its hurts all the time. It feels bruised and if I get a spot on my eye. I'm definitely not going to school! I want none of my friends to know so I haven't said anything yet! I woke up late this morning...do you think it has anything to do with that?
- —Guest steph
What is wrong with my eye?
- Around 11 am I felt something in my eye. I ran into the bathroom and rinsed out me eye and didn't see anything in it. Every time I blink I feel something and it also waters up a lot. I don't see anything in my eye. Is it a stye or something else? I'm scared to go to sleep because every time I close my eye it feels worse.
- —Guest jen
i get them all the time-my treatment
- I get these all the time and I usually use a warm teabag to help the pain and swelling.
- —Guest stye girl
I've had this for 2 months!
- My upper eyelid is swollen but it doesn't hurt at all because I'm so used to having these all the time. It's a small bump but it kind of itches and I dont know if I should pop it because my parents say it's not ready yet. It's really embarrassing because people keep asking what's wrong with my eye. I hope this is my last bump!
- —Guest heyhey
- I woke up one morning and my eye hurt when I blinked. It is so annoying and when I touch it, it aches and is very itchy. There is no lump or anything on my eye but I think it's a stye. It is so annoying. Can someone please give me any idea of what I can do?
- —Guest Joel
- I don't know if I have a stye. My eye hurts when I blink. I think it's in my inner eye but I can't tell. What should I do?
- —Guest susie
- I have had a few styes in my time. Once they get yellow and are pus-filled, I get a clean pin and very gently rub it over and over the area until it bursts open. I then gently squeeze all the pus out of it and it usually fills up once again before it starts to heal. I know they say not to do that but if you use a clean pin and are gentle it will help to heal the stye and take away the redness and pain once you drain the pus.
- —Guest Rob
I hate them
- I had a huge project to work on. Stress and sleepless nights did me in. It appeared two days ago, a large red bump near my tear duct. It hurts whenever I blink and my eyes water frequently. Hot towels help tremendously, though I am unable to use any sort of numbing drop (my parents refuse to medicate it).
- —Guest Miles
Sore left eye
- I felt a sore bruising spot in my lower left eye all of a sudden. It still fells sore five hours later. Is this a stye?
- —Guest glen
- I'm 14 and I woke up one morning and it felt like my eye was brused. It is red and swollen. I have never had one before and it is so noticable.
- —Guest Taylor
Styes are a pain...literally
- I have one on the outter corner of my left eyelid. It's not very big, but it's red and hurts every time I blink.
- —Guest shayla
Eye bags swelling
- I'm not sure if this is an eye stye or not. I got this a year ago already. I'm afraid for an operation but others said this is just a minor eye problem so no need to worry much. I've got hard eye bags and they're swelling on the inside. I dont know what this is but it sure bothers me. I need help please.
- —Guest kristin
- I have a stye now. I am embarrassed to look at people as it is all red with a large white pimple that appears to be spreading! it hurts real bad! I've tried compresses and medicine suggested by the pharmacist and it seems to be getting worse. OUCH!
- —Guest Dana
Having a second attack
- I'm 62 and suffered a major stye attack last November It started on the lower lid of my right eye. I landed in the hospital for almost a week with IV antibiotic treatments. This morning I woke up with another stye on the same spot. I hate to go through this whole thing again. Why is this happening and what's the best way to avoid the last episode?
- —Guest Pamela