i get them all the time-my treatment
- I get these all the time and I usually use a warm teabag to help the pain and swelling.
- —Guest stye girl
I've had this for 2 months!
- My upper eyelid is swollen but it doesn't hurt at all because I'm so used to having these all the time. It's a small bump but it kind of itches and I dont know if I should pop it because my parents say it's not ready yet. It's really embarrassing because people keep asking what's wrong with my eye. I hope this is my last bump!
- —Guest heyhey
- I woke up one morning and my eye hurt when I blinked. It is so annoying and when I touch it, it aches and is very itchy. There is no lump or anything on my eye but I think it's a stye. It is so annoying. Can someone please give me any idea of what I can do?
- —Guest Joel
- I don't know if I have a stye. My eye hurts when I blink. I think it's in my inner eye but I can't tell. What should I do?
- —Guest susie
- I have had a few styes in my time. Once they get yellow and are pus-filled, I get a clean pin and very gently rub it over and over the area until it bursts open. I then gently squeeze all the pus out of it and it usually fills up once again before it starts to heal. I know they say not to do that but if you use a clean pin and are gentle it will help to heal the stye and take away the redness and pain once you drain the pus.
- —Guest Rob
I hate them
- I had a huge project to work on. Stress and sleepless nights did me in. It appeared two days ago, a large red bump near my tear duct. It hurts whenever I blink and my eyes water frequently. Hot towels help tremendously, though I am unable to use any sort of numbing drop (my parents refuse to medicate it).
- —Guest Miles
Sore left eye
- I felt a sore bruising spot in my lower left eye all of a sudden. It still fells sore five hours later. Is this a stye?
- —Guest glen
- I'm 14 and I woke up one morning and it felt like my eye was brused. It is red and swollen. I have never had one before and it is so noticable.
- —Guest Taylor
Styes are a pain...literally
- I have one on the outter corner of my left eyelid. It's not very big, but it's red and hurts every time I blink.
- —Guest shayla
Eye bags swelling
- I'm not sure if this is an eye stye or not. I got this a year ago already. I'm afraid for an operation but others said this is just a minor eye problem so no need to worry much. I've got hard eye bags and they're swelling on the inside. I dont know what this is but it sure bothers me. I need help please.
- —Guest kristin
- I have a stye now. I am embarrassed to look at people as it is all red with a large white pimple that appears to be spreading! it hurts real bad! I've tried compresses and medicine suggested by the pharmacist and it seems to be getting worse. OUCH!
- —Guest Dana
Having a second attack
- I'm 62 and suffered a major stye attack last November It started on the lower lid of my right eye. I landed in the hospital for almost a week with IV antibiotic treatments. This morning I woke up with another stye on the same spot. I hate to go through this whole thing again. Why is this happening and what's the best way to avoid the last episode?
- —Guest Pamela
- I have one right now and it's killing me. I mean every time I blink it hurts, it itches and I put a hot towel on it. That brings the pain down a little. I went to sleep, woke up, and it was bigger.
- —Guest jusMe
- I have one right now...I got it when I went outside!
- —Guest ZERO STYE
Second stye, same spot
- I got my first one two years ago when I was sick with that season's flu. I went to the minute-clinic and got antibiotic oitment and it went away. Now I'm sick again and it's coming back. I think I'm going to let it come to a head and pop as it's in the exact same spot and there may be something in there that will hopefully come gushing out in a couple of days like a satisfying pimple. Who knows...it may go away on it's own. I really wish I hadn't thrown out that cream before Christmas.
- —Guest StyeGuy