From the article: Eye Mucus Types
Everyone has a name for it, that mucus discharge that sometimes collects in the corners of our eyes. Eye mucus can be caused by simple eye irritation or, more seriously, eye infection. If you've ever had to deal with eye mucus, what did your eyes feel like? How would you describe it? Share your experiences with (and nasty namesakes for) eye mucus. Share Your Experiences
Looks like yogurt
- No eye pain or irritation....I'm near-sighted so have worn glasses since childhood. Most mornings for about 5 years now I awake with white yogurt-looking stuff in the outside corner of my right eye. It is not slimy or sticky. Some days it shows up again in the same place throughout the day. On a few occasions it has appeared in the outer corners of both eyes. Usually it happens when I'm just generally not feeling well. I feel really lousy on the days it has been in both eyes. What's up with this stuff?
- —Guest Pat
- Oh I've come upon this problem when I was 12 now 49 at first it was like a piece of thread know like apiece. Of twine all day long it's not pretty I'm always messing with my eyes
- —Guest Lowsnoopy
- A sticky liquid keep on coming from the eyes of my 9 year old son. Eyes become red and he keep on rubbing them. We tried many doctors but in vain. Kindly suggest what should we do ?
- —Guest Rukhsana
- I have had mucus in the corners of my eyes for 7 years and my eyes tear all the time. The doctor says I have high pressure. The mucus is gross and embarrassing along with the tearing, and the mucus is yellow, and if I squeeze my bottom lids small balls of puss come out. My vision is blurry and I have a hard time seeing at night while I drive. My eyelids are often red.
- —Guest Jeannie
Itchy eyelids and yellow discharge
- My eyelids are very irritated and itchy all of the time and yellowish green chunks of mucus come out on both ends of my eyes. No matter how much I clean them out more comes, some even come from the top of my eyelashes and makes it hard for me to open my eyes.
- —Guest Monica
- Everyday and all day my eye has white stringy stuff in it and I always sub my finger on it to get it out. I've has it for 2 year's now. Ans its always red. I only get a lot of mucus in it at night. And I don't know why.
- —Guest maddy
Mucus and scratchy
- I have what feels like mucus in my eyes and sinuses feel plugged on my forehead and around my eyes. I went to two eye doctors and they made me new glasses and neither one is working, I still have blurry vision! I am at my wit's end and don't know what to do next! Anyone else have problems like mine?
- —Guest susiet
White stringy mucus
- I've had this mucus for ages. It's like a stringy mucus I get when I rub my eyes.
- —Guest Hi
Long slimy crap
- Every couple of minutes I will feel something stuck in both of my eyes and it will obstruct my view. When I look into the mirror I will see this white string sitting in there, and when I rub them I will pull this long stringy slimy crap from both of my eyes. It's very frustrating and annoying. What causes this?
Little balls of mucus
- On occasion, like maybe two times for the day after waking in the morning, I'll feel a slight fullness in the corners of my eyes (closest points to my nose) and when I rub them with my fingertips, I see these little balls of mucus. My eyes don't otherwise feel irritated or anything, but I do find it rather curious and want to know what it could be. (I don't have any symptoms associated with pink eye, and the mucus is generally yellowish-white.) Also, it's not quite so obvious that anybody has to point it out to me. Suggestions?
- —Guest Chris
Eye Closed Shut and Draining
- Well, I woke up this morning and my left eye was closed shut, and now both eyes have been putting out brownish-colored discharge all day, and they really hurt. Any advice or ideas ?
- —Guest Ty
Gunk in Eyes
- I have white gunk in both eyes that is very upsetting. I'm always picking at my eyes. When I rinse them in the tub I get a relief but it always comes back. What is this crap? It causes my vision to be blurred.
- —Guest Sue
- All day mucous comes out of my eye, especially in the mornings. I wake up with my eye stuck closed with dried mucous . What can i do to treat it?
- —Guest Ida
- My 5-year-old daughter has green goop coming out of her left eye. It's red and glossy and she has a little bit of a fever and a runny nose, and a bit of a cough. She says her eye doesn't hurt her. What do I do? What is it?
- —Guest Loni
- Ive been sick for 2 weeks and slowly recovering. The last 3 days I have been getting dried mucus, slimy in the eyes, and in the inner corner. What is causing it? Should I go to a doctor? I also have been coughing mucus a whole lot too. Help!
- —Guest Fam
1-15 of 18Next